Houston Restore Hardwood Floor Shine
Vacuum or sweep your floor regularly with a soft-bristled attachment or broom, especially in high-traffic areas. This prevents gritty dirt and particle buildup that can scratch the wood’s surface. Don’t use vacuums with a beater bar or power rotary brush head.
Use protective window coverings to block fade-causing UV rays and excessive heat from direct sunlight. Most wood types will gradually age when not covered, so it’s a good idea to rearrange rugs and furniture periodically to help it age evenly.
Tips for Preventing Damage
- Keep pets' nails trimmed and their paws clean. Pets can track in substances that cause scratching and stains.
- Use a humidifier during heating seasons to help reduce wood shrinkage and humidity between 35% and 55%.
- Wipe up spills and spots immediately with Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Hardwood & Laminate Flooring Cleaner applied directly to a clean white cloth.
- Use ice to harden tough substances like wax or chewing gum, and then gently scrape with a plastic scraper or a credit card. Be careful not to scratch the surface and wipe the area clean with a soft, slightly damp cloth.
Invest in high quality floor mats and protective pads on heavy furniture for an extra layer of protection on your hardwood floors. Place floor mats at entrances and exits—they collect and trap corrosive substances that can be tracked in, like dirt, sand, oil, grit, asphalt, or even driveway sealer. Placing mats in high-traffic areas—in front of vanities, kitchen sinks, and stoves—is an effective way to reduce wear.
What to Avoid
- Avoid walking on your hardwood floors with spiked or damage-heeled shoes.
- Resist wet-mop, damp-mop, or cleaning your hardwood with water or other liquids.
- Don't use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax, or other household products containing lemon, citrus, tung oil, or silicon to clean floors.
- Stay away from harsh cleaning aids like steel wool pads, any scouring pads containing metal, or scouring powders.
- Don't use 2-in-1 cleaners that contain acrylics or urethane polish to restore gloss.
Floor Floor We Restore has re-established the attractiveness in hundreds of homes and businesses throughout the Houston Area for Over 20 Years. Since 1984, we have provided maintenance and restoration that is essential to the beauty of floors and surfaces everywhere. With 30+ years of experience and never using subcontractors, we have perfected our trade to better serve you. We are a locally, family owned and operated company who GUARANTEE all of our work.
Houston Restore Hardwood Floor Shine.
Floor Floor We Restore, marble flooring in Houston, hardwood floor restore in Houston, Houston restore hardwood floor, Houston restore hardwood floor shine, restore wooden floor, restore a floor reviews, restore floor tiles, wood floor restore, floor restorers, floor restore and more, floor restorer, hardwood restore, stone restore, slate restore, saltillo restore, tile restore, grout restore, terrazzo restore, travertine restore, floor surface restore, floor recovery, cleaning hardwood floors, hardwood floor polish, buffing floor, water damage floor restoration, sand and finish hardwood flooring, hardwood floor installation, hardwood floor repair, hardwood floor installation, hardwood floor repair, hardwood floor installation, hardwood floor repair.