Cleaning Hardwood with a Modern Surface Seal
1. – Choose the right cleaning agent. – For general cleaning, choose a pH-neutral ,water-based cleaner, like those designed for vinyl floors or hardwood-specific cleaners. To dissolve grease and dirt, choose an alkaline, water-based cleaner: soaps, detergents, or a bit of baking soda dissolved in water will do, though should be used sparingly.
To dissolve hard water or mineral deposits, choose an acidic water-based cleaner; white vinegar or lemon juice in water would make a good rinsing agent to this effect.
2. – Dilute your chosen cleaning agent in a bucket of water. – To avoid hard-water streaking, you may want to buy distilled water, which can be purchased cheaply at your local supermarket. However, a quick wipe down with a lemon juice and water mixture after cleaning will also prevent streaks, if hand dried afterwards.
3. – Mop your floor with the chosen cleaning solution. – Dip a mop into a bucket of your cleaning agent diluted in water. Run it over the floor along with the grain of the wood, starting in the farthest corner and working towards a door so you never have to step on wet floors. Refill the bucket if the solution gets too dirty.
4. – Spot-clean tough areas with a cloth. – Dip the cloth in the cleaning solution and scrub it over stains with your hands to apply a more directed pressure.
5. – Use the mop to soak excess liquid off the floor. – Replace the dirty water with fresh, clean water. Rinse and squeegee out the mop so that it is damp, and use it to pick up the dirty water left on the floor. Squeegee it into your clean bucket and repeat.
6. – Rinse the floor with the clean mop. – This will remove any streaky or dulling traces of your cleaning solution.
7. – Buff the floor dry with terry cloth (optional). – You can also use the wrung-mop method to dry the floor. This will prevent streaking and protect the life of your floor.
Floor Floor We Restore has re-established the attractiveness in hundreds of homes and businesses throughout the Houston Area for Over 20 Years. Since 1984, we have provided maintenance and restoration that is essential to the beauty of floors and surfaces everywhere. With 30+ years of experience and never using subcontractors, we have perfected our trade to better serve you. We are a locally, family owned and operated company who GUARANTEE all of our work..
Houston Cleaning Hardwood Floors Services
Floor Floor We Restore, marble flooring in Houston, hardwood floor restore in Houston, Houston restore hardwood floor, Houston restore hardwood floor shine, restore wooden floor, restore a floor reviews, restore floor tiles, wood floor restore, floor restorers, floor restore and more, floor restorer, hardwood restore, stone restore, slate restore, saltillo restore, tile restore, grout restore, terrazzo restore, travertine restore, floor surface restore, floor recovery, cleaning hardwood floors, hardwood floor polish, buffing floor, water damage floor restoration, sand and finish hardwood flooring, hardwood floor installation, hardwood floor repair, hardwood floor installation, hardwood floor repair, hardwood floor installation, hardwood floor repair.